Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nursing Outlook
Pub.L.No.104-191, 110 Stat. 2023 (1996), 42 U.S.C. 1320 (d)-3.
Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (45 CFR Parts 160 and 164). Available from: URL: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/privacy.html. Accessed February 5, 2003.
- HIPAA regulations - a new era of medical-record privacy.New England J Med. 2003; 348: 1486-1490
- HIPAA.Policy, Politics Nurs Practice. 2001; 2: 29-32
HHS News (1998). HHS proposes security standards for electronic health data. Available from: URL:http://aspe.os.dhhs.gov/admnsimp/nprm/press3.htm. Accessed December 12, 2003.
- No end in sight for final rules on medical privacy.Hastings Center Report. 2001; 31: 8
- Personal privacy in an information society. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1997
Workgroup for electronic data interchange. Available from: URL: http://www.wedi.org/. Accessed April 16, 2003.
- Committee on the Role of Institutional Review Boards in Health Services Research Data Privacy Protection/Division of Health Care Services. Protecting data privacy in health services research. National Academy Press, Washington, DC2000 (Available at: http://www.nap.edu/openbook/0309071879/html/R1.html. Accessed December 10, 2003)
- Protecting medical privacy in a digital age. 2003 (Available at: http://www.surfcontrol.com/resources/hipaa/HIPAA_Whitepaper.pdf Accessed April 2)
- The managed health care handbook. Aspen Publications, Gaithersburg, MD1996
- The effect of the new federal medical-privacy rule on research.New England J Med. 2002; 346: 201-205
- Medical privacy and medical research—judging the new federal regulations.New England Journal of Medicine. 2002; 346: 216-221
- Medical research community registers complaints about HIPAA privacy rule.AHA News. 2001; 37: 8
- Navigating the road to implementation of the health insurance portability and accountability act.Am J Public Hlth. 2003; 93: 1806-1808
HIPAA privacy rule & public heath: guidance from the CDC & US DHHS Biomedical Market Newsletter/April 30 2003/report originated in the epidemiology program office, Thacker, S.B. Director. Copyright Biomedical Market Newsletter, INC.
- When privacy and the public good collide—does the collection of heath data for research harm individual patients?2003 (Postgraduate Medicine (2003) online. Available at: http://www.postgradmed.com/issues/2003/05_03/editorial_may.html. Accessed December 15)
Hanken MA, Kuruc J. (Speakers). (2003) The Impact of the HIPAA Privacy Rule on Clinical Research. (Audio Seminar Series 1 July 2003). American Health Information Management Association.
- Early experience with new federalism in health insurance regulations.Hlth Affairs. 2000; 19: 7-22
- Employee benefits security administration fact sheet. 2004 (Available at: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/newsroom/fscobra.html. Accessed January 16)
- HIPAA’s latest privacy rule.Policy Politics Nurs Practice. 2003; 4: 75-78
- Administrative simplification in the health care industry. 2004 (Available at: http://aspe.hhs.gov/admnsimp/. Accessed January 23)
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule.Hlthcare Financial Management. 2002; 56: 50-55
- HIPAA. 2003 (Available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/HIPAA. Accessed July 18)
- HIPAA privacy rule and public health.MMWR. 2003; 52 (Early Release): 1-20
- Protecting personal health information in research. 2004 (NIH Publication Number 03-5388. Available at: http://privacyruleandresearch.nih.gov. Accessed February 5)
- Get on board with HIPAA privacy regulations.Nursing Management. 2002; 33: 28-31
- The challenges of developing a modern cardiac research program.Critical Care Nursing Quarterly. 2002; 25: 105-109
- The Belmont Report. 2003 (Available at: http://ohsr.od.nih.gov/guidelines/belmont.html. Accessed December 18)
- Confidentiality in medicine—a decrepit concept.New England J Med. 1982; 307: 1518-1521
- How research will adapt to HIPAA.American Journal of Law & Medicine. 2002; 28: 491-503