Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
UNAIDS. Annex 1: HIV and AIDS estimates and data, 2007 and 2001. Geneva, Switzerland. 2008. Report on the global AIDS epidemic. Available at: http://data.unaids.org/pub/GlobalReport/2008/jc1510_2008_global_report_pp211_234_en.pdf. Accessed on May 2, 2011.
National Institutes for Health. Trans-NIH AIDS research by-pass budget estimate, National Institutes for Health. 2010. Available at: http://www.oar.nih.gov/budget/pdf/FY2010_ByPassBudget.pdf. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
- Risk-based human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing fails to detect the majority of HIV-infected persons in medical care settings.Sex Transm Dis. 2006; 33: 329-333
- HIV counseling and testing: Less targeting, more testing.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 962-964
- Estimating sexual transmission of HIV from persons aware and unaware that they are infected with the virus in the USA.AIDS. 2006; 20: 1447-1450
- The future of nursing: Leading change and advancing health.National Academies of Sciences, Washington, DC2011
- Screening for HIV in healthcare settings: A guidance statement from the American College of Physicians and HIV Medicine Association.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 125-131
National Institutes for Health. Reducing new infections: Behavioral and social science, Trans-NIH Plan for HIV-Related Research. 2010. Available at: http://www.oar.nih.gov/strategicplan/fy2010/pdf/Overview.pdf. Accessed on February 4, 2011.
- Changing epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in the United States: Implications for enhancing and promoting HIV testing strategies.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 45: S213-S220
- Meta-analysis of high-risk sexual behavior in persons aware and unaware they are infected with HIV in the United States.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005; 39: 446-453
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Questions and answers: The science behind the new initiative, CDC National Prevention. 2003. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/prev_prog/ahp/resources/qa/AHP_Science.htm. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
- Expanded screening for HIV in the United States—an analysis of cost-effectiveness.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 586-595
- Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 1-17
- Applying public health principles to the HIV epidemic.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2397-2402
- Current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for HIV counseling, testing, and referral: Critical roles of and a call to action for emergency physicians.Ann Emerg Med. 2004; 44: 31-42
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV prevention strategic plan through 2005. 2001. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/reports/psp/. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
Brimlow DL, Cook JS, Seaton R. Stigma and HIV/AIDS: A review of the literature. US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration Stigma. 2003. Available at: http://hab.hrsa.gov/newspublications/archivedissues.html. Accessed on July 22, 2011.
- AIDS antibody testing. Will it stop the AIDS epidemic? Will it help people infected with HIV?.Am Psychol. 1988; 43: 859-864
- Effects on sexual risk behavior and STD rate of brief HIV/STD prevention interventions for African American women in primary care settings.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 1034-1040
- Self-care behaviors of African American women living with HIV: A qualitative perspective.JANAC. 2010; 21: 36-52
- Silencing the self: Women and depression.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1991
- Behind the Mask.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1999
- Silencing the self across cultures: Depression and gender in a social world.Oxford University Press, New York, NY2010
Kaiser Family Foundation. 2006 Kaiser Family Foundation survey of Americans on HIV/AIDS—Additional findings: HIV testing. 2006. Available at: http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/upload/7521.pdf. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC releases Revised HIV Testing Recommendations in Healthcare Settings. Department of Health and Human Services; 2006. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/testing/resources/factsheets/pdf/healthcare.pdf. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
Berkenblit G, Cofrancesco J, Stone V, et al. HIV testing, prevention, and the new CDC guidelines: Are you ready to opt-in? Society of General Internal Medicine AIDS Task Force, CDC-RFA-PS06–612: HIV Prevention with National Organizations; Washington DC; 2006. [57 PowerPoint slides in PDF format] Available at: http://www.sgim.org/userfiles/file/AMHandouts/AM07/handouts/WC06.pdf. Accessed on July 22, 2011.
- Barriers and facilitators to routing HIV testing in a VA primary care.J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 24: 1109-1114
- Provider-related barriers to rapid HIV testing in U.S. urban non-profit community clinics, community-based organizations (CBOs) and hospitals.AIDS Behav. 2010; 14: 696-707
- Routine screening for HIV infection—timely and cost-effective.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 620-621
- Implementation of rapid HIV testing programs in community and outreach settings: Perspectives from staff at eight community-based organizations in seven U.S. cities.Public Health Reports. 2008; 123: 86-93
- Changing the paradigm for HIV testing—the end of exceptionalism.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 647-649
Sullivan LE, Fiellin DA. The Case for Routine HIV Screening and Impact of Managed Care; 2010. Available at: http://www.ajmc.com/publications/supplement/2010/A265_10dec_HIV/A265_10dec_SullivanS345toS3. Accessed on July 22, 2011.
- Low perceived risk and high HIV prevalence among a predominantly African American population participating in Philadelphia’s Rapid HIV Testing Program.AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2011; 25: 229-235
- Cost-effectiveness of screening for HIV in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 570-585
American Academy of HIV Medicine and American Medical Association, Coding guidelines for routine HIV testing in health care settings. 2008. Available at: http://www.sfaetc.ucsf.edu/docs/CTPgdlns08.pdf. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
AIDS Education and Training Centers. HIV Testing and Resources. 2001. Available at: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/aids/documents/ctthivtestinfoforclinicians.pdf. Accessed on May 4, 2011.
- Implementing routine HIV testing: The role of state law.PLoS One. 2007; 2: e1005
- Patient acceptance of rapid HIV testing practices in an urban emergency department: Assessment of the 2006 CDC recommendations for HIV screening in health care settings.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 51: 303-309
- Implementation of and barriers to routine HIV screening for adolescents.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1076-1084
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revised recommendations for HIV testing: Reactions of women attending community health clinics.J Assoc Nurse AIDS Care. 2008; 19: 66-74
- Prenatal screening and perinatal HIV transmission in Northern Alberta, 1999-2006.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: S412-S416
Collini P. Available at: Opt-out HIV testing strategies. 2006. Available at: http://clinicalevidence.bmj.com/downloads/2.Opt-out%20HIV%20testing%20strategies.pdf. Accessed on June 2, 2011.
- Correlates of prenatal HIV testing in women with undocumented status at delivery.Mater Child Health J. 2008; 12: 427-434
Urbina AE. Making HIV Testing Part of All Hospital Admissions at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York City: An interview by Bonnie Goldman (The Body Pro); 2008. Availabe at: http://www.thebody.com/content/art48254.html. Accessed on July 22, 2011.
Lesotho’s HIV testing program has not met goals, groups say. 2008. Available at: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/130155.php Accessed on July 22, 2011.
- Women’s opinions about routine HIV testing during pregnancy: Implications for the opt-out approach.AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2009; 23: 331-337
- Routine rapid HIV screening in six community health centers serving populations at risk.J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 24: 1269-1274
- Integrating routine HIV testing into a public health STD clinic.Public Health Rep. 2006; 121: 175-180
National HIV/AIDS Clinicians? Consultant Center. State HIV testing laws, Compendium of State HIV Testing Laws. San Francisco: University of California, Department of Family and Community Medicine. Available at: http://www.aids-etc.org/aidsetc?page=ab-01-02. Accessed on July 22, 2011.
National HIV/AIDS Strategy. 2010. Available at: http://aids.gov/federal-resources/policies/national-hiv-aids-strategy/nhas.pdf. Accessed on June 2, 2011.