- The SUCCESS Program for Smoking Cessation for Pregnant Women.Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing: JOGNN/NAACOG. 2011; 40: 520-531
- Women’s health in Canada: critical perspectives on theory and policy.University of Toronto Press, Toronto, Buffalo2007
- Recommendations from a multi-study evaluation of proposed criteria for staging reproductive aging.Climacteric. 2007; 10: 112-119
- An international imperative for gender-sensitive theories in women’s health.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2001; 33: 309-314
- Exploring the Biological Contributions to Human Health: Does Sex Matter?.National Academy Press, 2001
- Women’s Health Research: Progress, pitfalls, and promise.The National Academies Press, 2010
- Increasing condom-use intentions among sexually active black adolescent women.Nursing Research. 1992; 41: 380
- Effects on sexual risk behavior and STD rate of brief HIV/STD prevention interventions for African American women in primary care settings.American Journal of Public Health. 2007; 97: 1034-1040
- Sexually transmitted infection/HIV risk reduction interventions in clinical practice settings.Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. 2008; 37: 137-145
- Cardiovascular health interventions in women: what works?.Journal of Women’s Health and Gender-Based Medicine. 2001; 10: 117-136
- A life course approach to women’s health.Oxford University Press, Oxford, New York2002
- Predictors of smoking relapse in women with cardiovascular disease in a 30-month study: Extended analysis.Heart & Lung–The Journal of Acute and Critical Care. 2008; 37: 455-465
- Interventions for preventing unintended pregnancies among adolescents.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online). 2009; (doi:10.1002/14651858.CD005215.pub2): CD005215
- SWAN: A multicenter, multiethnic community-based cohort study of women and the menopausal transition.in: Lobo R. Kelsey J. Marcus R. Menopause: biology and pathobiology. Academic Press, San Diego, CA2000: 175-188
Specialized Centers of Research on Sex and Gender Factors Affecting Women’s Health (SCORs): 2007-2012. (n.d.). Retrieved February 19, 2012 from http://orwh.od.nih.gov/interdisciplinary/SCORsCtrs.html.
- Unwanted unprotected sex: condom coercion by male partners and self-silencing of condom negotiation among adolescent girls.ANS Advances in Nursing Science. 2011; 34
The National Children’s Study. (2011). Retrieved from www.nationalchildrensstudy.gov.
USAID. (2010a). Global Health Initiative Strategy Document. Retrieved August 31, 2011 from www.USAID.gov/ghi/.
USAID. (2010b). Implementation of the Global Health Initiative: Consultation Document. Retrieved August 31, 2011 from www.USAID.gov/ghi/.
U.S. Public Health Service Task Force on Women’s Health Issues. (1985). Women’s Health: Report of the Public Health Services. U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Opportunities for Research on Women’s Health.National Institutes of Health, 1992
- Agenda for Research on Women’s Health for the 21st Century. A Report of the Task Forces on the NIH Women’s Health Research Agenda for the 21st Century.National Institutes of Health, 1999
- Moving into the Future with New Dimensions and Strategies: A Vision for 2020 for Women’s Health Research.National Institutes of Health, 2010
- A randomized controlled trial testing an HIV prevention intervention for Latino youth.Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 2006; 160: 772-777
- Examining long-term effects of Cuídate–a sexual risk reduction program in Mexican youth.Pan American Journal of Public Health. 2010; 27: 345-351
- Determinants of physical activitiy and adherence to a 24-week home-based walking program in African American and Caucasian women.Research in Nursing and Health. 2003; 26: 213-224
- Toward a VA Women’s Health Research Agenda: Setting Evidence-based Priorities to Improve the Health and Health Care of Women Veterans.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2006; 21: S93-S101
- Using Research to Transform Care for Women Veterans: Advancing the Research Agenda and Enhancing Research-Clinical Partnerships.Women’s Health Issues. 2011; 21: S73-S83