Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Opportunities for nursing research in tobacco control.Annual Review of Nursing Research. 2009; 27: 393-409
- Current cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 2011.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2012; 57: 1226-1228
- Smoking-attributable mortality, years of potential life lost, and productivity losses—United States, 2000–2004.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2008; 61: 889-894
- Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence: 2008 Update. Clinical Practice Guideline.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Public Health Service, Rockville, MD2008
- Making a difference: Nursing scholarship and leadership in tobacco control.Nursing Outlook. 2013; 61: 31-42
World Health Organization. (2011). WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2011: Warning about the dangers of tobacco. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/tobacco/global_report/2011/en/index.html.
American Lung Association. (2012). The state of tobacco control. Retrieved from http://www.stateoftobaccocontrol.org.
- Tobacco control in the 21st century: A critical issue for the nursing profession.Research in Theory and Nursing Practice. 2005; 19: 15-24
- Why nursing research in tobacco control?.Annual Review of Nursing Research. 2009; 27: 3-31
- Advancing Nursing Science in Tobacco Control: Annual Review of Nursing Research. Vol. 27, No. 1. Springer Publishing, New York2009
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2012). Healthy People 2020, Topics & Objectives: Tobacco Use. Retrieved from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/overview.aspx?topicid=41.
- The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2004
- WHO global status report on NCDs.World Health Organization, Geneva2010 (Retrieved from)
World Health Organization. (2012). Tobacco industry interference: A global brief. Retrieved from http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2012/WHO_NMH_TFI_12.1_eng.pdf.