Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Microeconomic Theory and Applications.11th ed. Wiley and Sons, New York2011
- Multiple perspectives on being uninsured and barriers to health coverage in a rural western state.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2006; 17: 625-640
- Nurse practitioners substituting for general practitioners: Randomized controlled trial.J Adv Nurs. 2009; 65: 391-401
- Primary care health workforce in the United States.Research Synthesis Report. 2011; 22
- Controlling Health Care Spending in Massachusetts: An Analysis of Options.RAND, Santa Monica, CA2009
- Nurse-managed health centers: Safety-net care through advanced nursing practice.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2012; 24: 24-31
- Broadening the scope of nursing practice.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 193-196
- Primary care physician shortages could be eliminated through use of teams, nonphysicians, and electronic communication.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 11-19
- Spillover effects of community uninsurance on working-age adults and seniors: An instrumental variables analysis.Med Care. 2011; 49: e14-e21
Health Services Resource Administration. (2012). Shortage Designation: Health Professional Shortage Areas & Medically Underserved Areas/Populations. Retrieved August 28, 2012 from http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/shortage/.
- Systematic review of whether nurse practitioners working in primary care can provide equivalent care to doctors.BMJ. 2002; 324: 819-823
- Seven million Americans live in areas where demand for primary care may exceed supply by more than 10 percent.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 614-621
- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2011
- The effect of state laws on the supply of advanced practice nurses.International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics. 2004; 4: 271-281
- Randomised controlled trial of nurse practitioner versus general practitioner care for patients requesting “same day” consultations in primary care.BMJ. 2000; 320: 1043-1048
- Impact of nurse practitioners on workload of general practitioners: Randomised controlled trial.BMJ. 2004; 328: 927
McCarthy, D. How, S. K. H., Schoen, C., Cantor, J. C., Belloff, D. (2009). Aiming Higher Results from a State Scorecard on Health System Performance, 2009, The Commonwealth Fund.
Medpac. (2012). Physician and other health professionals payment system. Retrieved December 12, 2012, from http://www.medpac.gov/documents/MedPAC_Payment_Basics_12_Physician.pdf.
- Primary care outcomes in patients treated by nurse practitioners or physicians: A randomized trial.JAMA. 2000; 283: 59-68
- The role of nurse practitioners in reinventing primary care.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 893-899
- Advanced practice nurse outcomes 1990–2008: A systematic review.Nurs Econ. 2011; 29 (quiz 251): 230-250
- The Pearson Report: A National Overview of Nursing Practitioner Legislation and Healtcare Issues.The American Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 2008; 12: 3-80
- The rise and impact of nurse practitioners and physician assistants on their own and cross-occupation incomes.Contemporary Economic Policy. 2009; 27: 491-511
- Physician wages in states with expanded APRN scope of practice.Nurs Res Pract. 2012; 2012: 671974
- Geographic variation in access to care–the relationship with quality.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 3-6
- State practice environments and the supply of physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and certified nurse-midwives.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1266-1271
- The Burlington randomized trial of the nurse practitioner.N Engl J Med. 1974; 290: 251-256
- Stata 12.11.StataCorp, College Station, Texas2012
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2012). Area Resource File: National County-Level Health Resource Information. Retrieved December 16, 2012, from www.arf.hrsa.gov.