Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nursing Outlook
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/BaccEssentials08.pdf.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2009). Essential nursing competencies and curricular guidelines for genetics and genomics. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/educationresources/Genetics__Genomics_Nursing_Competencies_09-22-06.pdf.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2011). The essentials of master's education in nursing. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/MastersEssentials11.pdf.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2012). Essential genetic and genomic competencies for nurses with graduate degrees. Retrieved from http://www.genome.gov/Pages/Health/HealthCareProvidersInfo/Grad_Gen_Comp.pdf.
- ACOG technical bulletin: Preconceptional care. Number 205.International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. 1995; 50: 201-207
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 77: Screening for fetal chromosomal abnormalities. ACOG Committee on Practice Bulletins.Obstetetrics & Gynecology. 2007; 109: 217-227
- ACOG Committee Opinion No. 446: Array comparative genomic hybridization in prenatal diagnosis.Obstetetrics & Gynecology. 2009; 114: 1161-1163
- ACOG Committee on Genetics. Committee Opinion No. 545: Noninvasive prenatal testing for fetal aneuploidy.Obstetetrics & Gynecology. 2012; 120: 1532-1534
American Academy of Nursing. (2008). Comments on the Secretary's Advisory Committee on Genetics, Health and Society Report U.S. System of oversight of genetic testing: A response to the charge of the Secretary of HHS. Retrieved from http://www.aannet.org/ep-genetic–health-care.
American Academy of Nursing Women's Health Expert Panel. (2012). Call to action: Put prevention into women's health practice. Retrieved from http://www.aannet.org/assets/docs/PolicyResources/wh%20prevention%20into%20practice%20call%20to%20action%206%2012f.pdf.
American Academy of Nursing Expert Panels. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.aannet.org/expert-panels.
- Share with women: Prenatal tests for Down Syndrome.Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health. 2005; 50: 255-256
American Nurses Association. (2007). Genetics/genomics nursing: Scope and standards of practice. Silver Spring, MD. Retrieved from http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/EthicsStandards/Genetics-1/Genetics-and-Genomics-Nursing-Scope-and-Standards.pdf.
- Nursing: Scope and standards of practice.2nd ed. ANA, Silver Spring, MD2010
American Nurses Association. (2013). NursingWorld. Retrieved from http://www.nursingworld.org/.
Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses. (2000). Role of the registered nurse in support of patients as related to genetic testing. Retrieved from www.awhonn.org/.../Documents/pdf/5_Genetic.pdf.
- From prenatal genomic diagnosis to fetal personalized medicine: Progress and challenges.Natural Medicine. 2012; 18: 1041-1051
- Preconceptional genetic carrier testing and the commercial offer directly-to-consumers.Human Reproduction. 2011; 26: 972-977
- Array-based approaches in prenatal diagnosis.Methods in Molecular Biology. 2012; 838: 151-171
- Preparation of chorionic villus samples for metaphase chromosome analysis and chromosomal microarray analysis.Current Protocols in Human Genetics. 2012; Chapter 8: 8.3.1-8.3.9
- Update on overall prevalence of major birth defects: Atlanta, Georgia, 1978—2005.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2008; 57: 1-5
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2013a). Unintended pregnancy prevention. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/UnintendedPregnancy/index.htm.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2013b). National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/index.html.
- Strategies for genotyping.Current Protocols in Human Genetics. 2011; Chapter 1: 1.3.1-1.3.22
- 45 CFR 160 and 164 modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Pecurity, Enforcement, and Breach Notification Rules under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act; Other Modifications to the HIPAA Rules.Federal Register. 2013; 78 (Retrieved from)
- Prenatal whole genome sequencing: Just because we can, should we?.The Hastings Center Report. 2012; 42: 28-40
- Microarray technology applied to the complex disorder of preeclampsia.Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. 2008; 37: 146-157
- Direct-to-consumer genomic testing: Systematic review of the literature on user perspectives.European Journal of Human Genetics. 2012; 20: 811-816
- Direct-to-consumer genomic testing from the perspective of the health professional: A systematic review of the literature.Journal of Community Genetics. 2013; 4: 169-180
- Chromosomal abnormality rates at amniocentesis and in live-born infants.Journal of American Medical Association. 1983; 249: 2034-2038
- Recommendations to improve preconception health and health care–United States. A report of the CDC/ATSDR Preconception Care Work Group and the Select Panel on Preconception Care.MMWR Recommendations Report. 2006; 55: 1-23
- Noninvasive whole-genome sequencing of a human fetus.Science Translational Medicine. 2012; 4: 137ra76
- Genetics and genomics: Impact on perinatal nursing.Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing. 2011; 25: 144-147
- Preparation and culture of products of conception and other solid tissues for chromosome analysis.Current Protocols in Human Genetics. 2009; Chapter 8: 8.5.1-8.5.11
Mathews, T. J., & MacDorman, M. F. (2012). Infant mortality statistics from the 2008 period Linked Birth/Infant Death Data Set. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_05.pdf.
March of Dimes. (2013). Preconception and prenatal genetic screening pocket facts. Retrieved from https://www.marchofdimes.com/catalog/product.aspx?productid=5039&categoryid=155&productcode=31-2595-12.
Miller, D. T. (2013). Use of array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) in obstetrics. UpToDate. Retrieved from http://www.uptodate.com/home.
National Human Genome Research Institute. (2012). Family Medical History and Tools Resources Online. Retrieved from http://www.genome.gov/11510372.
National Human Genome Research Institute. (2013). Regulation of genetic tests. Retrieved from http://www.genome.gov/10002335.
- Down syndrome: Prenatal risk assessment and diagnosis.American Family Physician. 2000; 62 (837–838): 825-832
- Quantification of fetal DNA by use of methylation-based DNA discrimination.Clinical Chemistry. 2010; 56: 1627-1635
- Chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis: Recommendations for prenatal counseling.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 1995; 44: 1-12
- Updated national birth prevalence estimates for selected birth defects in the United States, 2004-2006.Birth Defects Research Part A: Clinical and Molecular Teratology. 2010; 88: 1008-1016
Public Law 110–374 (2008). Prenatally and Postnatally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act. 42 USC 280g–8; 122 STAT 4051. Retrieved from http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/s1810.
Public Law 111–148 (2010). Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Retrieved from http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/content-detail.html.
- Best practices: Antenatal screening for common genetic conditions other than aneuploidy.Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2010; 22: 139-145
- Commentary: The federal 'Prenatally and Postnatally Diagnosed Conditions Awareness Act'.Prenatal Diagnosis. 2009; 29: 829-832
Sackey, J. A. (2013). Preconception evaluation and counseling. UpToDate. Retrieved from http://www.uptodate.com/home.
Sarata, A. K., DeBergh, J. V., & Staman, J. (2011). The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010: Overview and Legal Analysis of Potential Interactions. Congressional Research Service. Retrieved from http://www.genome.gov/Pages/PolicyEthics/GeneticDiscrimination/CRS_GINA_and_ACA.pdf.
- Factors affecting the clinical use of noninvasive prenatal testing: A mixed methods systematic review.Prenatal Diagnosis. 2013; 33: 532-541
- Are health professionals ready for direct-to-consumer genetic and genomic testing?.Personalized Medicine. 2013; 10: 673-682
- Update on procedure-related risks for prenatal diagnosis techniques.Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy. 2010; 27: 1-7
- Massively parallel sequencing: the next big thing in genetic medicine.American Journal of Human Genetics. 2009; 85: 142-154
- Chromosomal microarray versus karyotyping for prenatal diagnosis.New England Journal of Medicine. 2012; 367: 2175-2184