Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nursing Outlook
- Mapping the general literature of American nursing.Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2006; 94: E43-E48
- Implications of pharmacogenomics for anesthesia providers.American Association of Nursing Anesthetists Journal. 2010; 78: 393-399
- Genetics/genomics nursing: Scope & standards of practice.American Nurses Association, Silver Springs, MD2007
- Genetics and susceptibility to malignant hyperthermia.Critical Care Nursing. 2008; 28: 32-36
- Predicting the cost and pace of pharmacogenomic advances: An evidence-based study.Clinical Chemistry. 2013; 59: 649-657
- A review of systemic opioids commonly used for labor pain relief.Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. 2011; 56: 222-239
- A manifesto for clinical pharmacology from principles to practice.British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2010; 70: 3-13
- Genetic practice, education, and research: An overview for advanced practice nurses.Clinical Nurse Specialists. 2004; 18: 126-132
- Genetics/genomics advances to influence care for patients with chronic disease.Rehabilitation Nursing Journal. 2011; 36 (88): 54-59
- Should we be 'pushing meds'? The implications of pharmacogenomics.Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2008; 15: 357-364
- Nurses transforming health care using genetics and genomics.Nursing Outlook. 2010; 58: 26-35
- Clinical practice on the horizon: Personalized medicine.Clinical Nurse Specialists. 2013; 27: 36-43
- What you need to know about pharmacogenomics.Nursing. 2013; 43: 44-48
- Understanding pharmacogneomics: Applications in prescribing.Nurse Prescribing. 2011; 9: 402-407
- Essentials of genetic and genomic nursing: Competencies, curricula guidelines, and outcome indicators.2nd Edition. American Nurses Association, Silver Spring, MD2009
- Incorporating evidence from pharmacologic and pharmacogenetic studies of atypical antipsychotic drugs into advanced psychiatric nursing practice.Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. 2010; 46: 98-107
- Functional SNPs in genes encoding the 5-HT2A receptor modify the affinity and potency of several atypical antipsychotic drugs.Biological Research for Nursing. 2011; 13: 55-60
- Current controversies in the pharmacogenomics of clopidogrel.Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing. 2009; 24: 105-109
- Pharmacogenomics—Drug disposition, drug targets, & side effects.New Engl Journal of Medicine. 2003; 348: 538-549
- Providing patients with information on pharmacogenetic testing.Nursing Standard. 2009; 23: 46-48
- Genetic discoveries and nursing implications for complex disease prevention and management.Journal of Professional Nursing. 2004; 20: 222-229
- Cardiovascular nursing on human genomics: What do cardiovascular nurses need to know about congestive heart failure?.Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing. 2009; 24: 80-85
- Essential genetic and genomic competencies for nurses with graduate degrees.American Nurses Association and International Society of Nurses in Genetics, Silver Spring, MD2012
- The path to personalized medicine.New England Journal of Medicine. 2010; 363: 301-304
- Pharmacogenomics and management of cardiovascular disease.The Nurse Practitioner. 2009; 34: 28-35
- Pharmacogenomics and management of cardiovascular disease.Nursing. 2011; 41 Suppl: 1-7
- Essential nursing competencies for genetics and genomics: Implications for critical care.Critical Care Nursing. 2011; 31: e1-e7
- Personalized drug therapy with pharmacogenetics. Part 1: Pharmacokinetics.Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. 2006; 44: 13-16
- Personalized drug therapy with pharmacogenetics. Part 2: Pharmacodynamics.Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. 2006; 44: 13-16
- Hypothesis: Comparisions of inter- and intra-individual variations can subsitute for twin studies in drug research.Pharmacogenetics. 1998; 8: 283-289
- Tamoxifen benefits and CYP2D6 testing in women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer.Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. 2013; 17: 174-179
- Pharmacogenomics and the potential for personalized therapeutics in cardiovascular disease.Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing. 2007; 22: 104-107
- Pharmacogenomics: Why standard codeine doses can have serious toxicities or no therapeutic effect.Oncology Nursing Forum. 2013; 40: 322-324
- Pharmacogenetics and the pharmacological management of depression.Nurse Practitioner. 2011; 36 (quiz 21–12): 14-21
- Cultural competence: Cardiovascular medications.Progress in Cardiovascular Nursing. 2001; 16 (169): 152-160
- Pharmacogenomics: Personalizing drug therapy.American Journal of Nursing. 2009; 109: 50-57
- Genetics and genomics: The scientific drivers of personalized medicine.Annual Review of Nursing Research. 2011; 29: 27-54
- Guidance of pharmacotherapy in a complex psychiatric case by CYP450 DNA typing.Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. 2011; 23: 459-463
- A new world view of genetics service models.Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. 2000; 5 (Manuscript 5)
- Tailoring drug therapy with pharmacogenetics.Nursing. 2005; 35: 22-23
- Basic genetics and genomics: A primer for nurses.Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. 2009; 14: 1-13
- Implications for educating the next generation of nurses on genetics and genomics in the 21st century.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2011; 43: 3-12
- Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare. A guide to best practice.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2005
- Understanding the genetic determinants of pain and pain management.Seminars in Oncology Nursing. 2009; 25: S1-S7
- Preferred rerporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2009; 151: 264-269
- The medical review article: State of the science.Annals of Internal Medicine. 1987; 106: 485-488
- Pharmacogenetics: a reality or misplaced optimism?.Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2013; 20: 314-320
National Human Genome Research Institute. (2012). Frequently asked questions about genetic & genomic science. Retrieved from http://www.genome.gov/19016904.
National Institute of Nursing Research. (2011). Bringing science to life: NINR strategic plan. Retrieved from https://www.ninr.nih.gov/sites/www.ninr.nih.gov/files/ninr-strategic-plan-2011.pdf.
- The variation of response to pharmacotherapy: Pharmacogenetics—A new perspective to 'the right drug for the right person'.MEDSURG Nursing. 2003; 12: 242-249
- Significant pharmacogenetic and molecular factors in prescribing.Nurse Prescribing. 2007; 5: 358-361
- Pharmacogenomics for the clinical nurse specialist–genetics, prescribing, and outcomes.Clinical Nurse Specialists. 2011; 25: 110-112
- Stakeholder views on pharmacogenomic testing.Pharmacotherapy. 2013; 34: 151-165
- How pharmacogenomics (PG) are changing practice: Implications for prescribers, their patients, and the healthcare system (PG series part 1).Journal of Psychiatr Practice. 2013; 19: 142-149
Pharmacogenomics Research Network. (n.d.). About PGRN. Retrieved from http://www.pgrn.org/display/pgrnwebsite/About+PGRN.
PharmGKB. (2013a). CPIC: Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium. Retrieved from http://www.pharmgkb.org/page/cpic.
PharmGKB. (2013b). CPIC gene-drug pairs. Retrieved from http://www.pharmgkb.org/page/cpicGeneDrugPairs.
PharmGKB. (2014). Projects. Retrieved from http://www.pharmgkb.org/page/projects.
- Clinical aspects of genomics: an update.Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. 2008; 13 (1–1)
- Infusion of pharmacogenetics into cancer care.Seminars in Oncology Nursing. 2011; 27: 45-53
- Pharmacogenetics in critical care: Atrial fibrillation as an exemplar.Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America. 2008; 20 (vi-vii): 223-231
- Medication selection by genotype: How genetics is changing drug prescribing and efficacy.American Journal of Nursing. 2004; 104 (quiz 71): 60-70
- Nurses' genetic/genomics competencies when medication therapy is guided by pharmacogenetic testing: children with mental health disorders as an exemplar.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2009; 24: 179-188
- Pharmacogenomics: an evolving paradigm for drug therapy.MEDSURG Nursing. 2002; 11: 122-124
- The faces of personalized medicine: A framework for understanding its meaning and scope.Value in Health. 2013; 16: S4-S9
RFA-NR-14-002, Centers of Excellence in Self-management Research. (2014). Retrieved from http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-NR-14-002.html.
- Promises and challenges of pharmacogenetics: An overview of study design, methodological & statistical issues.Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine in Cardiovascular Diseases. 2012; 1: 1-13
- Integration of Genomics in Cancer Care.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2013; 45: 43-51
Science. (n.d.) Merriam-Webster online. Retrieved from http://www.merriam- webster.com/dictionary/science.
Study. (n.d.) Merriam-Webster online. Retrieved from http://www.merriam- webster.com/dictionary/study?show=0&t=1374078437.
- Pharmacokinetic considerations in the treatment of pediatric behavioral issues.Pediatric Nursing. 2009; 35: 369-374
- From the lab to the prescription pad: Genetics, CYP450 analysis, and medication response.Journal of Child Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing. 2013; 26: 119-123
U.S. Food & Drug Administration. (2013). Table of pharmacogenomic biomarkers in drug labels. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ScienceResearch/ResearchAreas/Pharmacogenetics/ucm083378.htm.
- Strategies for theory construction in nursing.5th ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ2011
- Pharmacogenomics knowledge for personalized medicine.Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2012; 92: 414-417
- Advanced practice. Genetic advances in coronary artery disease.MEDSURG Nursing. 2002; 11: 296-300
- Concepts in pharmacogenomics.American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Bethesda, MD2010
Supported by the 100th Anniversary Scholars Fellowship at Indiana University School of Nursing.