Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nursing Outlook
- Highlights of the National Workforce Survey of registered nurses.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2013; 4: 5-14
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2015a. National Health Interview Survey, sample adult, document version date: 22-Jun-15. ftp://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/Health_Statistics/NCHS/Dataset_Documentation/NHIS/2014/samadult_layout.pdf.
CDC. 2015b. Welcome NAMCS participants. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ahcd/namcs_participant.htm.
- Nursing Workforce Development: Strategic State Initiatives.Springer Publishing, New York, NY2005
- Statewide data.2014 (Retrieved from)
- How states can develop better nursing workforce data systems.Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, NJ2013 (Retrieved from)http://www.rwjf.org/en/research-publications/find-rwjf-research/2013/11/how-states-can-develop-better-nursing-workforce-data-systems.html
- What data states can collect to build better nursing workforce data systems.Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, NJ2013 (Retrieved from)http://www.rwjf.org/en/research-publications/find-rwjf-research/2013/11/what-data-states-can-collect-to-build-better-nursing-workforce-d.html
- Why states need to build better nursing workforce data systems.Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, NJ2013 (Retrieved from)http://www.rwjf.org/en/research-publications/find-rwjf-research/2013/11/why-states-need-to-build-better-nursing-workforce-data-systems.html
- Coordination networks within and across organizations: A multi-level framework.Journal of Management Studies. 2004; 41: 127-153
- Standards for secure data sharing across organizations.Computer Standards & Interfaces. 2007; 29: 86-96
- Health workforce webinar: Health professions minimum data set.Health Resources and Services Administration, Rockville, MD2013 (Retrieved from)
- Assessing progress on the institute of medicine report the future of nursing.National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2015
- The future of nursing: Leading change, advancing health.National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2011
Interagency Collaborative on Nursing Statistics. (2014). Resource List, Fall 2014. Retrieved from http://nebula.wsimg.com/b21781ddb43b9ce146d224da6dd4cfbb?AccessKeyId=505F2170147813CC0C5D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1.
- Highlights from the 2012 National Sample Survey of Nurse Practitioners.National Center for Health Workforce Analysis, Health Resources and Services Administration, Rockville, MD2014
- The future of the nursing workforce: National- and state-level projections, 2012-2025.National Center for Health Workforce Analysis, Health Resources and Services Administration, Rockville, MD2014
National Council of State Boards of Nursing. (2016). The National Nursing Database. Retrieved from https://www.ncsbn.org/national-nursing-database.htm.
- National nursing workforce minimum datasets.2015 (Retrieved from)
- Goals.2014 (Retrieved from)
- Validating HRSA's nurse supply and demand models: A state-level perspective.Nursing Economics. 2007; 25: 270-278
- Towards standardization (part 1): Assessment of state and national nursing workforce data sources.Policy, Politics and Nursing Practice. 2010; 11: 173-183
- The research and policy importance of nursing sample surveys and minimum data sets.Policy Politics and Nursing Practice. 2013; 14: 33-40
- Creating a dashboard to track progress toward IOM recommendations for the future of nursing.Policy Politics and Nursing Practice. 2013; 14: 117-124
- Economics of health care and nursing: How should we collect data on the nursing workforce?.Nursing Economics. 2011; 29: 97-100
State Health Access Data Assistance Center. 2013. NHIS questionnaire changes addressing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. http://www.shadac.org/files/shadac/publications/NHIS_ACA_Brief34.pdf.
- Industry-occupation matrix data, by industry.U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington, DC2013 (Retrieved from)