- •Issues faced by men in a profession dominated by women.
- •Solutions or positive responses developed to manage and regulate or cope with the issues.
- •Role of National Advisory Council in helping men in program.
- •Things that worked and those that did not.
- •Lessons learned that can be applied in other situations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gender intelligence: Breakthrough strategies for increasing diversity and improving your bottom line.Harper Collins, New York2014
- Advancing diversity through inclusive excellence in nursing education.Journal of Professional Nursing. 2015; 31: 89-94
- Retaining men in nursing program designed for women.Journal of Nursing Education. 2003; 42: 159-162
- Man up! A practical guide for men in nursing.Sigma Theta Tau International Publishing, Indianapolis, IN, 2013
- Polarity management: Identifying and managing unsolvable problems.HRD Press, Amherst, MA1996
- The complementary nature.MIT Press, Cambridge, MA2006
- Seeing what others don't: The remarkable ways we gain insight.Public Affairs, New York2013
- Paradoxical leadership and the competing values framework.The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science. 2014; 50: 189-205
- Exploring paradox: Toward a more comprehensive guide.Academy of Management Review. 2000; 25: 760-776
- Paradoxical leadership to enable strategic agility.California Management Review. 2014; 56: 58-77
- Moving toward greater diversity: A review of interventions to increase diversity in nursing education.Journal of Transcultural Nursing. 2013; 24: 387-396
- O'Lynn C. Tranbarger R. Men in nursing: History, challenges, and opportunities. Springer Publishing Company, New York2006
Psychology Dictionary (n.d.). What is a negative stereotype? Retrieved from http://psychologydictionary.org/negative-stereotype/
- A review of diversity conceptualizations: Variety, trends and a framework.Human Resource Development Review. 2014; 13: 133-157
- The positive organization: Breaking free from conventional cultures, constraints, and beliefs.Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Oakland, CA2015
- Becoming a master manager: A competing values approach.John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2015
- The best teacher in you: How to accelerate learning and change lives.Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Oakland, CA2014
- A spatial model of effectiveness criteria: Towards a competing values approach to organizational analysis.Management Science. 1983; 29: 363-377
- Disentangling the meanings of diversity and inclusion in organizations.Group & Organization Management. 2006; 31: 212-236
- A New Vision of Health in America.2015 (Retrieved from)
- Nurse Faculty Scholars Program.2014 (Retrieved from)
- Perceived and real barriers for men entering nursing: Implications for gender diversity.Journal of Cultural Diversity. 2008; 15: 148-152
- Evaluating an Accelerated Nursing Program: A Dashboard for Diversity.Journal of Professional Nursing. 2015; 31: 82-88
- Workforce diversity in healthcare.Journal of Nursing Administration. 2002; 32: 6-7
- Toward a theory of paradox: A dynamic equilibrium model of organizing.Academy of Management Review. 2011; 36: 381-403
- Exploring factors affecting attrition of male students from an undergraduate nursing course: a qualitative study.Nurse Education Today. 2007; 27: 325-332
- Microagressions in everyday life: Race, gender, and sexual orientation.John Wiley and Sons, New York2010
- Work group diversity and group performance: An integrative model and research agenda.Journal of Applied Psychology. 2004; 89: 1008
- Guiding health care transformation: A next-generation, diagnostic remediation tool for leveraging polarities.Nursing Outlook. 2015; 63: 691-702
- Polarity thinking: An essential skill for those leading interprofessional integration.Journal of Interprofessional Healthcare. 2014; 1: 12