- Effects of the medicaid per capita cap included in the house-passed American Health Care Act.Center for Health Policy at Brookings & USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics, Washington, DC2017
- Preterm birth-associated neurodevelopmental impairment estimates at regional and global levels for 2010.Pediatric Research. 2013; 74: 17-34
- Why is the U.S. preterm birth rate so much higher than the rates in Canada, Great Britain, and Western Europe?.International Journal of Health Services. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1177/0020731418786360
- Infant Medical Trauma in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (IMTN): A proposed concept for science and practice.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2016; 16: 289-297https://doi.org/10.1097/ANC.0000000000000309
- Overview of spontaneous preterm birth: A complex and multifactorial phenotype.Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014; 57: 518-530https://doi.org/10.1097/GRF.0000000000000037
- Effect of tobacco control policies on perinatal and child health: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Public Health. 2017; 2: e420-e437https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(17)30144-5
- Using Medicaid to support preterm birth prevention: Five case studies.March of Dimes, White Plains, NY2004 (Available:)https://www.marchofdimes.org/materials/partner-using-medicaid-to-support-preterm-birth-prevention-five-case-studies.pdf
- Births: Provisional data for 2016.NVSS-Vital Statistics Rapid Release, Report No. 002. 2017; (Available:)
- Measuring economic consequences of preterm birth: Methodological recommendations for the evaluation of personal burden on children and their caregivers.Health Economic Reviews. 2011; 1: 6https://doi.org/10.1186/2191-1991-1-6
- Hospital readmissions and repeat emergency department visits among children with medical complexity: An integrative review.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2013; 28: 316-339
- Health of infants after ART treated, subfertile, and fertile deliveries.Pediatrics. 2018; 142 (epub ahead of print. Available:)
- Preterm birth: Causes, consequences, and prevention.in: Behrman R.E. Butler A.S. Preterm birth: Causes, consequences, and prevention. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2007
- Hospital readmissions and emergency department visits in moderate preterm, late preterm, and early term infants.Clinics in Perinatology. 2013; 40: 753-775https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clp.2013.07.008
- Maternity leave duration and adverse pregnancy outcomes: An international country-level comparison.Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2017; (1403494817745737 [Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1177/1403494817745737
- The impact of preterm birth <37 weeks on parents and families: A cross-sectional study in the 2 years after discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit.Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2017; 15: 1-13
- Global, regional and national causes of under-5 mortality in 2000-15: An updated systematic analysis with implications for the Sustainable Development Goals.Lancet. 2016; 388: 3027-3035
- Racial and ethnic differences in preterm birth: A complex, multifactorial problem.Seminars in Perinatology. 2017; 41: 511-518https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semperi.2017.08.010
March of Dimes (MOD), Partnership for Maternal Newborn and Child Health, Save the Children, & World Health Organization (WHO). (2012). Born too soon: The global action report on preterm birth. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/pmnch/media/news/2012/preterm_birth_report/en/index1.html.
March of Dimes (MOD). (2018). The PREEMIE Reauthorization Act of 2018 (S. 3029). Retrieved: https://www.marchofdimes.org/materials/March-of-Dimes-PREEMIE-Reauthorization-Fact-Sheet-Senate-bill-June-2018.pdf.
- Describing the increase in preterm births in the United States, 2014.National Center for Health Statistics [NCHS] Brief, No. 312, June 2018, 2018 (Retrieved)
- Births: Final data for 2016.National Vital Statistics Reports. 2018; 67 (Hyattsville, MD: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): 1-54
Medicaid.gov. (2018). Maternal & infant health care quality. Available: https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/quality-of-care/improvement-initiatives/maternal-and-infant-health/index.html.
- 2014 Maternal and child health update: States are using medicaid and CHIP to improve health outcomes for mothers and children.National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Washington, DC2015
National Conference of State Legislatures. (2018). Learning collaborative on improving quality and access to care in maternal and child health. Retrieved http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/learning-collaborative-on-improving-quality-and-access-to-care-in-maternal-and-child-health636318368.aspx.
- 2011 Maternal and child health update: The beginnings of the affordable care act (ACA) implementation—moving towards improving health outcomes.National Governors Association Centre for Best Practices, Washington D.C.2011
- How does infant mortality in the U.S. compare to other countries?.Peterson Center of Healthcare. Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, New York2017 (Available:)
- Mental health outcomes in US children and adolescents born prematurely or with low birthweight.Depression Research and Treatment. 2013; 2013570743
World Health Organization (WHO). (2018). Preterm Birth. Available: http://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/preterm-birth.