- •The overall NP satisfaction ratings given by patients were very high.
- •Medicaid patients rated NPs’ communication skills as high as other providers.
- •Seventy percent of patients identified MDs as their provider compared to less than 1% NP.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2017). Patient experience measures from the CAHPS: Clinician & group survey. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/cahps/surveys-guidance/cg/about/measures-cg30-2309.pdf.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2018a). Six domains of health care quality. Retrieved from http://www.ahrq.gov/talkingquality/measures/six-domains.html.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2018b). CAHPS database. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/cahps/cahps-database/index.html.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2018c). The distribution of the U.S. primary care workforce. Primary Care Workforce Facts and Stats, No. 3, Retrieved fromhttps://www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/factsheets/primary/pcwork3/index.html.
American Association of College of Nursing. (2008). Essentials of baccalaureate nursing education for professional nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacnnursing.org/portals/42/publications/baccessentials08.pdf.
- A national survey of Medicaid beneficiaries’ experiences and satisfaction with health care.JAMA Internal Medicine. 2017; 177: 1378-1381https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2017.3174
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (2019). December 2018 Medicaid and CHIP enrollment data highlights. Retrieved from https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/program-information/medicaid-and-chip-enrollment-data/report-highlights/index.html.
- International practice settings, interventions and outcomes of nurse practitioners in geriatric care: A scoping review.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2018; 78: 61-75
Dall, T., West, T., Chakrabarti, R., Reynolds, R., & Iaobucci, W. (2018). The complexities of physician supply and demand: Projections from 2016 to 2030. Association of American Medical Colleges. Retrieved from https://aamc-black.global.ssl.fastly.net/production/media/filer_public/85/d7/85d7b689-f417-4ef0-97fb-ecc129836829/aamc_2018_workforce_projections_update_april_11_2018.pdf.
- Communication skills workshop for doctors, resulting in better healthcare delivery.Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2017; 67: 107-111
- Nurse practitioner leadership in promoting access to rural primary care.Nursing Economic$. 2017; 35: 119-125
- Substitution of physicians by nurses in primary care: A systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Health Services Research. 2014; 14 (Retrieved from): 214
- Primary care outcomes in patient treated by nurse practitioners or physicians: A randomized trial.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2000; 283: 59-68
- Disparities in perceived patient-provider communication quality in the United States: Trends and correlates.Patient Education and Counseling. 2016; 99: 844-854https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2015.12.007
- A guide to measuring the triple aim: Population health, experiences of care, and per capita cost.in: IHI Innovation Series white paper. Institute for healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, MA2012
- Quality of primary care by advanced practice nurses: A systematic approach.International Journal of Quality in Health Care. 2015; 27: 396-404https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzv054
- The impact of the advanced practice nursing role on quality of care, clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost in the emergency and critical care settings: A systematic review.Human Resources for Health. 2017; 15https://doi.org/10.1186/s12960_017_0237_