- •Development of DNP Project ethical review process expedited QI determination.
- •Ethical review process provides scholarly and ethical determination that aligns with the IRB.
- •Review process protects participants, supports students, and empowers faculty.
- •Ethical review combines project management, understanding QI VS. HSR, and expert consensus.
- •Rationale and process for creating and implementing an ethical review committee.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2020). Fact sheet: the doctor of nursing practice (DNP). Retrieved from https://aacnnursing.org/DNP/Fact-Sheet
Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Human Subjects Research Institutional Review Board, 2019 Data risk tier calculator (version (2019).0611a) riskmatrixcalculator.pdf (insidehopkinsmedicine.org)
Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Human Subjects Research Institutional Review Board, 102.2a Organization policy on quality improvement/quality assurance activity, (2020)., https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/institutional_review_board/guidelines_policies/organization_policies/102_2a.html
- Committee on Quality of Health Care in America.in: Kohn LT Corrigan JM Donaldson MS To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System. National Academies Press, Washington, DC, USA2000
International Committee of Medical Journal Editors [ICMJE]. (2022). Retrieved from www.ICMJE.org
- Potential crisis in nurse practitioner preparation in the United States.Policy, Politics and Nursing Practice. 2019; 20: 57-63
National Bioethics Advisory Commission (NBAC).2000 Ethical and policy issues in the oversight of human research. federal register, citation: 65 FR 79368, 79368-79369.
US Department of Health and Human Services. 2020 Human subject regulations decision charts: 2018 requirements. Retrieved from https://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/regulations-and-policy/decision-charts-2018/index.html#c1.