- •Despite challenges, many benefits of disseminating DNP scholarly work exist.
- •Benefits are enhancing scholarship and sharing knowledge to improve health care.
- •Challenges are scholarly writing skills and projects lacking innovative/rigor.
- •Dissemination requires faculty engagement and writing/statistical resources.
- •Health care systems and policy are informed by scholarly work dissemination.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2015). The doctor of nursing practice: Current issues and clarifying recommendations. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/news/articles/2015/dnp-white-paper.html
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2021). The essentials: Core competencies for professional nursing education. Retrieved from https://www.aacnnursing.org/Portals/42/AcademicNursing/pdf/Essentials-2021.pdf
- Dissemination of scholarship across eight cohorts of doctor of nursing practice graduates.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2018; 27: e1395-e1401https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14237
- Statistical, practical, and clinical significance and doctor of nursing practice projects.Nurse Author & Editor. 2021; 31 (doi.org/): 50-53https://doi.org/10.1111/nae2.27
- Evaluating scientific writing skill in DNP program students.Nurse Educator. 2021; 46: 164-169https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0000000000000883
- The DNP project: Quandaries for nursing scholars.Nursing Outlook. 2017; 65: 84-93https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2016.07.009
- An evidence-based approach to increasing nurses' publication rates.The American Journal of Nursing. 2020; 120: 50-55https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NAJ.0000694584.11318.81
- The REDCap consortium: Building an international community of software platform partners.Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2019; 95103208https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103208
International Academy of Nursing Editors. (2022). INANE: Home. Retrieved from https://nursingeditors.com
- An examination of the rigor and value of final projects completed by DNP nursing students.Journal of Professional Nursing. 2018; 34: 437-443https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2018.03.003
- Using the logic model framework to standardize quality and rigor in the DNP project.Nurse Educator. 2019; 44: 183-186https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0000000000000599
- DNP program faculty and graduates'knowledge and use of qi and safety processes.Nurse Educator. 2020; 45: 11-16https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0000000000000677
- A 10-year evaluation of projects in a doctor of nursing practice programme.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2020; 29: 4090-4103https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.15435